Friday 27 June 2008

Anne Hathaway - Hathaways On Set Injury


Actress ANNE HATHAWAY sustained a gruesome injury while filming her new movie GET SMART - cutting her shins to the bone.

The Devil Wears Prada star was performing a stunt on the spy-themed action film, when she hit her legs on a metal bar - and the wounds were so deep her shin bones were exposed.

But Hathaway refused to let the injury slow her down and insisted on finishing the scene - but she was overruled by movie bosses who forced her to cut filming short and seek medical attention.

She says, "We were doing a scene where I had to kick a Russian spy in the chest. And as I lifted my knees up to my chest to kick, I hit a bar that shouldn't have been there.

"My shin split open and I had to have 15 stitches, I tried not to wimp out but I could see my shinbones. So I turned to the director and said, 'If I could have Extra Strength Tylenol (pain killer), I could probably do the shot.'

"And the script supervisor, my dresser and my make-up artist all said to me, 'You get a plastic surgeon to sew up your legs. And you finish work right now.' I was trying to continue but in that one I was overruled."





See Also